ARIZONA DRIVERíS RIGHTS CARDNOTICE TO OFFICER:
This document constitutes an official notification and should be retained as evidence and turned over to the appropriate prosecutorís office.
NOTICE TO OFFICER:
This document constitutes an official notification and should be retained as evidence and turned over to the prosecutorís office.
1. I tender my driverís license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration.
2. I have committed no crime and request that my documents be returned to me and that I be allowed to depart immediately. If you believe I have committed a traffic violation, please issue a citation and allow me to leave.
3. If you are not going to allow me to leave at this time, I will assume that this is more than a brief investigatory stop and that I am under arrest.
4. I invoke my RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, and do not wish to make any statements, nor do I wish to answer any questions relating to consumption of alcohol and/or drugs.
5. As is my right under Arizona law, I rightfully and voluntarily CHOOSE NOT TO TAKE ANY SO-CALLED FIELD SOBRIETY TESTS, (such as Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus test, Walk-And-Turn, One-Leg Stand, Nose Touch, ABCs, Backwards Count, etc.). In addition, as is my right under Arizona law, I rightfully and voluntarily REFUSE TO TAKE A PRELIMINARY BREATH TEST.
6. I DO CONSENT to tests of my blood, breath or urine, at the police station or state testing facility, provided that: (1) the testing is conducted in compliance with all Arizona laws and administrative regulations, and (2) I am afforded independent testing at a private medical facility by personnel of my own choosing.
7. I in no way waive or withdraw my request for independent testing, nor do I waive any deficiencies in the procedures or in the nature in which you advise me, or in any procedure that you follow during this arrest. This request for independent testing is not withdrawn if you instruct me to submit to more than one test.
8. I request that I be provided with copies of all documentation concerning the tests of my blood, breath or urine including a copy of all test results that you consider to be invalid, deficient or inconclusive.
9. I request that during the test(s) I be able to view any digital, analog, or numeric gauge or readout on the breath testing machine. If a blood or urine test is utilized, I request that a sufficient sample of my blood or urine be collected and properly sealed, preserved and stored so that an independent analysis of it may be conducted at a later date. Concerning my right to an independent test, I hereby request to be transported to the nearest available private medical facility which will conduct independent testing as soon as possible. I will make my own financial arrangements upon arrival at said facility and I will select the type of test I want.
10. I DO NOT CONSENT TO A SEARCH of my person, vehicle, or any other property.
11. I immediately INVOKE MY RIGHT TO AN ATTORNEY and request that I be allowed to call Attorney David Alan Darby at (520) 620-0000. I will answer no further questions unless an attorney is present.